Most traditional utensils (even kid-sized ones) are a poor match for little hands, whose fine-motor skills are still developing.
Kizingo’s co-founder Kiyah and her husband lived and worked in Tanzania in 2010. As a nutritionist and mother to a little girl who was just learning to eat solid foods, Kiyah eagerly experimented with fresh local produce – much of it new to her family – and local recipes. The name Kizingo means CURVED in Swahili and honors that time of exploration and discovery.
- Designed and manufactured in the USA.
- Safety tested + certified. BPA, PVC, Lead, Latex, and Phthalate-free.
- Dishwasher & microwave safe
- Created with little hands in mind. Toddlers grab cutlery palm-down and the Kizingo design supports this.
- Thumb depression encourages proper grip and provides stability.
- Encourages independence and helps develop fine motor skills.
- Spoon fits around little hands. Bowl curves to face them, bringing food into the position that kids need.
- Shallow bowl provides appropriate portion size and supports proper lip closure.
- Longevity! beneficial when your little one is 9mo or 4yrs.